X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Warriors

Self-confidence

Pop psychology is full of BS!

It has been full of gobbledygook since the “WHOLE FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT” mantra become mainstream psychology.

You can’t fake your way into self-confidence. Self-confidence is not some meaningless attribute which you can acquire by posturing _ by holding your head upright, inflating your chest and walking tall.

Holding your head high and walking with upright shoulders are things that will come to you naturally, if you are self-confident.

Neither will you become self-confident through affirmations. Telling yourself a thousand times that you are self-confident will not magically make you become self-confident.

Sadly, this affirmation BS too has become mainstream pop culture, promoted by some of the biggest names in the self-improvement industry from Oprah Winfrey to Napoleon Hill.

[IMG]​http://img9.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/18413/18413551d7e9237bec745a80ec77078e4d8152b0.jpg[/IMG]

Back in the days of Napoleon Hill, the term for affirmations was auto-suggestion.

No matter what names you give them, pseudo-scientific methods from affirmations, hypnosis, neuro-linguistic programming to esoteric subliminal brain wave reprogramming.

None of these gimmicks will give you self-confidence.

So, what will give you self-confidence?

First off, what is self-confidence?

Self-confidence is trust in your abilities to perform a specific task.

Self-confidence is task or activity specific. There is not a single human being who has overall self-confidence.

The James Bond (007) is well-known for his limitless self-confidence. Only a fictional character can be monumentally confident in a gunfight, a fist fight, on the dance, on the poker table, behind the cockpit of a supersonic jet fighter, behind the control panels of a nuclear submarine, etc.

Only an apocryphal character can be confident in such vastly different activities.

In real life, a Michael Phelps would by hyper confident in a swimming pool but he would not necessarily be so confident facing Usain Bolt on the 100m sprint.

In real life, a Michael Schumacher might be very confident on Formula 1 racing track but his confidence would evaporate when faced by Bruce Lee in a mixed martial arts ring.

The point is confidence in one activity does not beget confidence in another.

And why is that so?

Because self-confidence is activity-specific.

What should this fact tell you?

It should tell you that if you want to build self-confidence, you should build it in a specific activity.

Hence, choosing your activity is the first step to building self-confidence.

What’s the next thing to do once you have chosen your activity?

There is only one path to self-confidence. It is the path of continuous learning and continuous practice.

There are no short-cuts to self-confidence.

In order to be self-confident, you must learn everything, there is to know about your craft. You must continue learning and verifying the validity of your knowledge.

Lastly, you must practice, practice and practice.

Trust in your abilities to perform a task comes from knowledge of your task and continuous practice.

You have to practice till you can repeat the task in your sleep. You have to do it again and again in a ruthless strive for perfection. Leave no loopholes and leave no stones on unturned. Control everything and leave nothing to chance.

You must master the minutest details of your craft.

This is the price to be paid for supreme self-confidence.

Anything less will not buy you overwhelming self-confidence.

In case, it is not crystal clear what the price of self-confidence is, permit me to spell it out for you.

Hard work is the price of self-confidence. It must be paid through continuous effort, toil and sweat.

Control Your Thoughts
    And
    Become Unstoppably Powerful

“The highest possible stage of moral culture is when we realize that we ought to control our thoughts.” Charles Darwin

Our thoughts shape our reality.

Entertain no fears! We are not talking about any of that esoteric law-of-attraction hogwash.

Your thoughts determine your outcome. And this is a simple basic fact.

But why is this fact relevant in fitness?

The obvious answer is unbelievably simple. Fitness is 80% mental. The repetition of physical movements which you carry out in the gym is only responsible for 20% of your fitness results.

If you are not motivated, you’ll never go to the gym in the first place.

If you are not disciplined and consistent, you’ll never stick to any fitness routine.

Self-motivation and self-discipline are both attributes of the mind. And guess where your motivation and discipline ultimately stem from?

Your THOUGHTS!!!!!!!

It goes without saying that you must control your thoughts in order to produce the action that you want!

If you have ever abandoned your new year’s resolution in shame; then you know that having the intention to do something does not automatically translate into actual action.

Transforming Your Thoughts into Action

Thinking is the process of identification. Suppose you identified a fitness goal such as developing a flat stomach. You invest time gathering lots of information on how to develop a flat tummy.

Soon, you find yourself, wishing and desiring to have a flat belly. Your thinking and pondering on how to get a flat stomach determines,

Your BELIEFS

Your beliefs are basically the set of information which you hold as truth. What you consider truth might not necessarily be valid facts in objective reality. But in your mind, you hold this information as truths.

For example; at one time, it was popular knowledge that all fats were bad and had to be avoided like the plague.

Now we know that there are two types of fats: saturated (bad fats) and unsaturated (good fats). Unsaturated fats like omega-3 fatty acids actually help fight LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol which is responsible for a barrage of cardio-vascular diseases.

Now that we have this information, we have formed new beliefs about fats.

Your beliefs determine,

Your ATTITUDES

What is your attitude? Your attitude is a bundle of beliefs which tell you how to feel about any person, topic, country or subject without consciously thinking about it.

For example, Michael Jackson. Felt that? In a flash, your brain consulted a cascade of pre-conceived beliefs, stereotypes, facts and opinions and told you how to feel.

Another example; close your eyes and imagine warm strawberry pie melting away in your mouth as you emit ohs and ahs of satisfaction.

Nuclear Bomb! Did you feel that? In an instant, a thunderbolt of brain activity consulted volumes of stored information and beliefs and produced your attitude towards atomic bombs.

Your attitude determines,

Your FEELINGS

You know that infamous emotion, which takes you captive when, your alarm goes off in the morning? It is the emotion, which decides whether, you will procrastinate or not.

This is the same rebellious emotion that takes hold of you at the exact hour; that, you planned to go to the gym.

This emotion determines whether, you procrastinate or not. It is best described by the words, “I don’t feel like it.”

Your feelings determine,

Your ACTIONS

The chain reaction begins with your thoughts determining your beliefs. Then, your beliefs shaping your attitudes. Then, your attitudes creating your feelings and your feelings determining your actions.

Ultimately, your thoughts determine your actions!

Control your thoughts and you can get yourself to do anything.

How to Control Thoughts

The most powerful thought-control technique is the “Trump Question.”

In order to use the Trump question, you must have a topic (goal) on which your attention is supposed to be focused. Having a very specific goal is an indispensable requirement of the Trump technique.

Whenever, you find your thoughts aimlessly wondering, ask yourself; “what am I supposed to be thinking about right now?”

Remember, you cannot use this technique; unless, you have a goal (topic) that you are supposed to be thinking about. The whole idea is to redirect your attention back to the pre-decided topic or goal.

“What am I supposed to be thinking about right now?” is a shockingly powerful question that works like magic.

Comment

Fitness
      Inspiration

You are disqualified from reading this info, if you do not fit one specific criterion. You must be ready and willing to work hard. Your only problem should be how to get into action and stay in action. I am going to show you how.

“Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison.

Shame on you, if you have no clue who; Thomas Edison is. He is the guy who invented your light bulb. He is the guy who invented the gramophone _ the first device to record and replay sound.

Before he died in 1931, Thomas Edison had more than 1000patents to his name. He is the greatest inventor who ever lived. And he achieved all that, thanks to a single principle: HARD WORK.

Stop waiting for inspiration!

It is not coming. You will meet the undertaker long before inspiration. Your gradual degradation and eventual death is the only thing that’s coming.

Stop reading libraries of self-help books, hoping to find inspiration. Stop surfing the web and reading articles like this, hoping to find inspiration.

Well, you should read this article, but none thereafter.

The inspiration, you are looking for is neither in books nor motivational audio. Believe it or not, all the inspiration, you need, is already within you.

Stop looking for it. One more thing, stop f*cking looking within! What’s all that feely-touchy Bull Sh*t? Stop paying gurus and psychologist to ignite the power within! Whatever that’s supposed to mean! Stop searching within for that hidden spark of inspiration.

You already have all the inspiration, you need!

What you now need; is hard work!

Working Hard vs Working Smart

It takes knowledge to perform the simplest activities in life. When you have the knowledge, you take it for granted. You take for granted the knowledge involved in changing a flat tire. You take the knowledge involved in reading this line of text for granted.

You absolutely take for granted, the knowledge involved in switching off the lights.

I volunteered my time with the Methodist church to do some charity work in Congo, Central Africa. Without giving it an extra thought, I asked some 12year kid to switch off the lights. He fetched a bucket of water and started throwing it at the light bulb.

Yes, even something as trivial as pushing a switch, “on and off” requires knowledge.

Sometimes, knowledge is so trite that, the person using the knowledge can’t explain it. Ask a guy, who goes to the gym regularly; how he does it, and he’ll tell you, “just get off your lazy ass and hit the gym.”

You must know how; else, you cannot do. Working smart means figuring out, “the how.”

The how is one percent. The hard work is ninety-nine percent. I’ll give you the how. But only you can implement it i.e. do the hard work.

How to Get Your Ass off the Couch

First off, you must solve all the practical problems that prevent you from exercising regularly. To exercise, you need resources: time and equipment.

You must set aside the time and acquire the necessary equipment.

Solve any other practical problem that gets in the way. I am only here to solve the human problem i.e. the procrastination problem.

Your weak mental game is what’s keeping your ass nailed to the couch. You constantly chose short-term pleasure over long-term gain. You opt out of exercising because following through is painful.

At that exact moment, when you are supposed to start exercising, your mind confabulates a sweet and persuasive excuse, why you shouldn’t exercise right now. Your mind is trying to avoid the pain. The pain is a feeling, generally described as “I don’t feel like it.”

Your mind is a pleasure loving entity.

Here is the million dollar secret of the mind, which, if implemented, will transform the procrastinating-you into a productive-you. The pain, pleasure signals that your mind associates with an activity can be changed.

The activity, which you experience as pain today, can become pleasure tomorrow. At some future date, instead of hesitating to exercise, you will become eager to exercise. Exercising will become pleasurable and not exercising will become painful.

How do you transform pain into pleasure?

You do it by embracing pain. This is the difficult part. Here is where the work is involved. If you are going to get off your ass and exercise, you are going to have to blast through the pain (I don’t feel like it).

You must commit to launch an all-out assault on that feeling, every single day. Every day, you must renew your vow to act; in spite of the feeling (I don’t feel like it). Every day, before going to bed, tell yourself how you are going to defeat that feeling.

Talk to yourself every day. Stand in front of a mirror and speak out loud. Vow to crush the pain. Vow to become the Victor of the war in your mind. Vow to become the supreme master of the battle in your mind.

You must do this every single day. You must record this in your journal. You are embarking on a journey to a new lifestyle.

Comment

All credits to http://www.fearlessmotivation.com/20...e-past-behind/

Leave The Past Behind So You Can Focus On Your Future

Leave the past behind
 so you can FOCUS on your FUTURE
        Die to the past. So you can live fully now.

You must let go of your past pain. Your struggle. Your story.
        Not because it wasn’t important. But because your FUTURE… your LIFE is MORE important.

You see, you can’t CHANGE your past. Holding on to grudges will NEVER get you where you want to be.
        Holding on to something you can’t change is INSANITY.
Let go of it, so you can LIVE.
        You see, I could have focused on all that was wrong with my life.
        I could have played the victim card.
        I had every right to curse the world for putting me in this position. For placing me in this neighbourhood.
        Why should I rough it out and others live in luxury.
        Why should I suffer and others live free.
        Why should I be homeless while others take for granted the roof over their heads.

But I believe I needed to see all of that, to go through all of that,
to become the human I am today.
        I chose not to be defined by my circumstances, 
but defined by my attitude towards beating my circumstances.
        DEFINED by my ability to RISE above.

RISE above generations of limitation and lack!
        RISE above lack of ambition around me!
        RISE above negativity!
        RISE above everything!

You see, I believe God only gives us what we have the strength to overcome.
        I believe God only gives us what we need to become STRONG.

The pain I’ve been through,
        The struggle I’ve been through,
        It was all needed for me to be here today!

You can’t feel for others at rock bottom if you haven’t been there yourself.
        You can’t have courage if You haven’t had to FIGHT through your fears.
        You can’t have strength if you haven’t had to get up time and time again from when life beats you down.
        You can’t have compassion without suffering.
        You can’t help others if you haven’t felt helpless.

I CHOSE TO LEAVE MY PAST BEHIND!
        I DECIDED MY FUTURE WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HOLDING ON
        THAN SAYING WHY ME

WHY ME?
        NO… NO!
        I SAY TRY ME!

Life tested me and I won.
        Life will be back. Life will test me again.
        But I now know I have the strength to overcome.

YOU CAN NOT WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU KEEP RE READING THE FIRST ONE.
        The first one is no good compared to the rest!

YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OF YOUR STORY
        DON’T LET OTHERS HOLD THE PEN
        DON’T LET YOUR PAST PUBLISH YOUR BOOK
        THIS IS YOUR STORY!
        BE BRAVE WHEN WRITING YOUR STORY

DREAM BIG
        KNOW YOU ARE STRONG
        SO MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF CREDIT FOR

LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND
        PLAN NOW!!

LEAVE the darkness of your past behind.
        So you can focus on letting in the light of your future.
        Your bright future.

Leave The Past Behind So You Can Focus On Your Future (Motivational Video) by Fearless Motivation - LET GO of your past and create your best possible future

Comment

Working...
        X